Sunday, September 24, 2017 | Today's Vending Industry News
Faulty Jukebox Linked To Bar Fire

Posted On: 10/9/2012

  • Printer Friendly Version
  • Decrease Text SizeIncrease Text Size
  • PDF


TAGS: jukebox, jukebox fire, jukebox electrical malfunction, O'Leary's Grille, Hampton NH, coin-operated device, coin machine, ire Chief Chris Silver

HAMPTON, NH -- An electrical malfunction in a wall-mounted jukebox was identified as the cause of a fire at O'Leary's Grille here in the early morning hours of Oct. 5, said Fire Chief Chris Silver. The brand and model of jukebox, which was destroyed, were not identified.

Fortunately, a sprinkler system prevented the fire from doing much more than smoke damage in one corner of the establishment, according to local press outlets. | SEE STORY

Fire crews were alerted at 9:30 a.m., responded within minutes and found the tavern full of dark, dense smoke. Firefighters extinguished the blaze some 15 minutes after entering the premises, said Silver.